A YOGIC LIFESTYLE OF HOLISTIC HEALTH
U.S. surgeon general, Dr. Jerome Adams:
“What I want Americans to know is when we look back at past infectious disease outbreaks like this, they weren’t ended with therapeutics or with vaccines. They ended with hand washing, they were ended with social distancing. They were ended with the basic public health and hygiene measures that keep us safe from the flu and the everyday cold and will also keep us safe from coronavirus.”
Our Purna Yoga Heartfull Lifestyle helps perk up your immune system. In this newsletter, we’ve gathered tips & suggestions to deeply support your immunity now and always!
P H Y S I C A L H E A L T H
POSES OF THE MONTH:
Often we don’t realize that our immune system benefits from doing yoga poses that are deeply calming. They help reduce stress, which boosts our immune system. In addition, these inversions bring circulation to the thymus gland. Saucha (cleanliness) is the first Niyama (duty towards oneself) and its practice is more crucial than ever today.
CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION TIPS
Adapted from Dr. James Robb, MD, FCAP
This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing.
This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average…The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.
1. No handshaking! Put your hand on your heart chakra, do a slight bow, or put your hands in namaste.
2. Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a glove.
3. Open doors with your closed fist or hip: Avoid opening door handles with your hands, unless there is no other way to open the door.
4. Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts. Keep some in your purse in a ziploc bag.
5. Wash your hands with soap for 20-30 seconds to kill all the germs.
6. Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer: Use greater than 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer after touching objects that might be contaminated when you can’t immediately wash your hands. For example, have a bottle in your car to use after you pump gas.
7. If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
8. Wear gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas. Money and credit cards can easily carry viruses. We recommend washable gloves that can be reused. You can also wear a scarf and use the bottom of the scarf to open door knobs and pick up things, then wash the scarf once home.
9. Wear a mask: We touch our nose/mouth up to 90x/day without knowing it. The mask helps prevent you from touching your nose and mouth. The coronavirus is lung specific and can be transmitted when we touch our face. The mask does not prevent you from picking up the virus if someone sneezes or coughs on you.
STAY HYDRATED TO FLUSH OUT TOXINS AND TO MOVE ANY PATHOGENS FROM YOUR THROAT TO YOUR STOMACH WHERE THE STOMACH ACIDS WILL DESTROY THEM!MENTAL & EMOTIONAL HEALTH
PRODUCTS FOR A HAPPY NERVOUS SYSTEM
When your nervous system is calm, you cannot feel fear, and fear is the foundation of all disease. These products help support your nervous system and are sold at Alive & Shine Center!
Rescue Remedy – relaxes the nervous system from fear.
ESE – this powerful herbal formula from Sunrider helps nourish and calm the nervous system.
L I F E S T Y L E & N U T R I T I O N
15+ AMAZING SUPPLEMENTS THAT WORK!
Available at Alive & Shine Center for your convenience
ALL FLU: Contains 10 of the most powerful homeopathic ingredients for Flu symptoms. Use before or during flu.
Oscillococcinum: Take this Homeopathic remedy at the first sign of cold/flu symptoms.
NatraBio Cold & Flu: Homeopathic remedies for kids and adults that help with cold and flu. Use at first symptoms.
Yin Chao (Plum Flower Brand): This is an excellent traditional chinese herbal immune booster. Take at seasonal changes and at first signs of cold/flu.
Esberitox: This echinacea based product supports the immune system to prevent & reduce cold/flu duration.
Flucommune (Ayush Herbs): Blend of seven Ayurvedic herbs combined for their immune-supporting properties.
Viral Punch by Salt Creek Apothecary: This local, wildcrafted herbal tonic has olive leaf, oregano, and other powerful antiviral herbs.
Anti V Formula: This potent herbal formula is used to stop a cold, flu or other virus in its tracks. It also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties to contribute to improved overall health and function.
Alpha 20C by Sunrider: This potent chinese herbal formula nourishes the overall health of your immune system and can be taken daily.
Vitamin C (HealthForce): Supports various cellular functions of the immune system. Deficiency results in impaired immunity to infections.
Vitamin D (by Allergy Research): Vitamin D is very important for the immune system & most people in the northwest are low in it from lack of sun.
Colloidal Silver: This antibacterial and antiviral formula works without harming human cells. Inhale the spray to kill pathogens in sinuses. Also spray on hands & carry when outside.
Artemisinin (by Allergy Research): Artemisinin is a powerful antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial supplement. Recommendation: Have one capsule every other day.
Sunrider Fruit & Veggie Rinse: Always wash your produce. Produce is touched by many people and is filled with viruses and bacteria and must be washed. Add a few drops to your water and gargle at the first sign of a sore throat or cold symptoms.
GSE (Grapefruit seed extract): Put 5-10 drops of this antiviral and antibacterial extract in water and drink. Gargle at first sign of a sore throat.
(not available at Alive & Shine Center):
Fresh garlic: This amazing antiviral food is best chopped and eaten fresh (not cooked!)
Elderberry Syrup: Packed with antioxidants and vitamins it can reduce inflammation, reduce stress, and help prevent and ease cold and flu symptoms.
Zinc Lozenges: Blocks viruses from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Let dissolve in the back of your throat.
Essential Oils (we love Young Living): Oregano oil, tea tree oil, and the formula ‘Thieves’ all have powerful antimicrobial effects.
Hydrogen Peroxide to sanitize surfaces.
Himalayan Salt Inhaler to help support your respiratory system.
12 HEARTFULL LIFESTYLE TIPS
FOR PATHOGEN PREVENTION
1. Focus on Beautiful Feelings with Heartfull®Meditation: Fear and negative emotions lower the immune system. Use the simple tools of Heartfull® Meditation to focus on joy, love, and gratitude.
2. Wash Hands as Soon as You Get Home: This is one habit that will keep you and your family much healthier. Of course remember to wash your hands whenever you eat. Use nail brushes at the end of the day because nails hold a lot of germs.
3. Remove Clothing You Wore Outside When You Enter Your House: Remove clothes once home, put them in the laundry basket, and shower. Clothing can have the virus on it for up to a week. Wash clothes with 5-10 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE). Also, wash towels frequently; they harbor many germs!
4. Do Not Wear Shoes In the House: Remove your shoes before walking into the home. There are “hundreds of thousands of bacteria per square inch” on the soles of our shoes according to researchers. Keep them out of your home!
5. Clean Doorknobs, Light Switches, Handles & Steering Wheel Regularly: Clean any regularly touched surfaces – doorknobs, light switches, car door handles, etc- regularly with antibacterial/ antiviral spray.
6. Clean Your Phone, Tablet, Laptop, Purse & Wallet : Clean your phone, keyboard and mouse regularly. Purse handles, water bottles, cell phone, anything you handle outside should be sanitized once inside.
7. Disinfect Produce with Fruit & Vegetable Rinse or GSE: Produce is touched by many people and is filled with viruses and bacteria, so it must be disinfected. Use fruit and vegetable rinse and GSE to clean your fruits and vegetables before you eat them. Very important if you eat them raw or juiced.
8. Gargle with GSE: At first sign of a sore throat, gargle with grapefruit seed extract and/or Sunrider’s Fruit and Vegetable Rinse to kill the virus or bacteria before it progresses.
9. Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer: Mix 2/3 cup Isopropyl alcohol 91% (rubbing alcohol) with 1/3 cup aloe vera gel and add 20 drops grapefruit seed extract (GSE) and 5 to 8 drops of Thieves essential oil or Tea Tree oil. Stir until well blended and put in a marked bottle.
10. Lemon Juice, Water & Salt Drink: Drink lemon juice with water and ¼ teaspoon of salt daily each morning to keep the liver healthy.
11. Drink Turmeric Drink: Turmeric reduces inflammation and is a powerful antioxidant, with a bonus of boosting the immune system. See the recipe here!
12. Drink Cilantro Drink: Cilantro keeps the liver cleansed and oxygenates the blood, which boosts the immune system. See the recipe here!
Please share this with everyone you know to keep your family and friends safe and happy during this time.
C E N T E R Y O U R M I N D
Focus on mental centering and feeling a beautiful feeling.
Do this any time there is a feeling of fear. This will help you get out of fear in your mind and into the feeling of trust. The mind holds fear and the Heart Center holds protection and healing.
For those of you who know how to Cocoon, please do this sacred technique.
1. Imagine Clear White Light in your heart center with a feeling of pure Love. With your eyes closed, place your hands with your fingers together and slightly cupped on the sides of your head, facing your ears. Your hands should be approximately 3 inches away from your head.
2. Exhaling, bring your hands together in Namaste, not more than 1 inch away from your face, with the tips of your thumbs at the same level as the eyebrows.
3. Inhale, then on the next exhalation, bring your hands down SLOWLY to your heart center. As you do this, make your mind follow a straight line in the center of your body (the ray of Light), offering your mind to your heart.Come to Alive and Shine Center or your local Purna Yoga Studio and take a Heartfull®Meditation class to learn the powerful, protective techniques of Heartfull Meditation.
Smile From Inside Out
SMILING FROM INSIDE OUT
from Savitri, Creator of Heartfull®Meditation
Smiling invokes a beautiful feeling for ourselves and others.
This raises the vibration of your energy field and immune system. Use Heartfull Meditation to help find your inner and outer smile.
Heartfull® Meditation is very supportive for your own self-healing by raising the vibration of your energy field and body. The Light and Love energy that you tap into using the techniques brings life to the body and nourishes and supports the immune system.
All the Heartfull Meditation techniques help support the immune system.
Centering The Mind brings peace and transforms fear.
Opening the Heart Chakra brings eternal energy to boost the immune system with a healing presence.
Cocooning creates a protective field from low vibration thoughts and energies.
Breathing with White Light is very powerful in bringing only high vibrations of Love into the body through the breath.
When you feel love inside you and around you nothing can hurt you. Fear lowers the vibration of the mind, body and immune system. The feeling of Love and all beautiful feelings raise the vibration of the mind, body and immune system.
As you wash your hands for 20-30 seconds,
you could hold this ancient Indian prayer:
May all beings be safe.
May all beings be content.
May all beings be healthy.
May all beings live with ease